2005 Great Train Expo|
November 19-20, 2005
Location: Western Washington Fairgrounds in Puyallup, WA
Participants: Jeff Pelletier, Tony Hafner, Tom Rafert, Chuck Frame, Brian Kelley, Thomas Garrison, Dan Parker, Rick Clark, Jon Rasmussen
We displayed a 15 by 17 foot layout in the new ShowPlex building in the Puyallup fairgrounds. This building was a wonderful change from the previous drafty, dim, and unheated barns!
Club participation was high. We had 9 of our members present- almost everyone who lives in the area! We were a little behind in finishing the layout, as we had 90 minutes less setup time than we had planned on. Everyone worked hard, though, and the layout came together beautifully.
This layout featured:
- A spiffy downtown area, with Jeff's beautiful architecture
- A few blocks of suburbia, by Dan and Tony
- Roads all detailed with Thomas's plate-built sidewalks
- Dan's Industrial buildings, including a neat grey and sand-red warehouse
- A harbor largely filled by Dan's big double-sized Maersk Sealand freighter
- Tom's (coffee?!?) mill
- A decent-sized train yard with Brian's cool trackside structures
- Conjunction Junction, of course, by Rick
The layout also featured a smaller pit than usual, and this worked out quite nicely. We actually liked the layout enough that we're looking at using this as the template for the next few shows and just refining it a bit each time.
event writeup by Tony Hafner